Wednesday 3 March 2010

Project Evaluation & Learning Outcomes


This project has been a massive learning experience in terms of time management, communication, techniques and skills. It certainly informed me of how the Industry works.
I thouroughly enjoyed this project as it was a subject that suited my interests, however this project also provided me with the opportunity to learn from other team members skilled in different areas. I learnt a lot regarding modeling, and I believe I have greatly improved in building 3D models within Maya. I have learnt how to apply textures to my models effectively using the UV Planar Mapping function so as to avoid nasty stretched textures. I now understand the way the hyper-shade editor works and how important it is to name every different texture.

I have learnt how to carry out simple animations. I have learnt how to set up cameras and change their projections and settings. I have learnt the basics about setting up lights within Maya and how to change from one type of light to another as well as changing their settings to light my models effectively and suggest form using light and shadow. This project has also improved my concept design skills in Photoshop, it has improved my compositing skills in Adobe After Effects and I feel more comfortable using the program. I believe that I have become more proficient in editing in as far as timing, rhythm and tempo between shots. I am now more familiar with Final Cut Pro.

This experience was a sometimes stressful yet enjoyable one and will undoubtedly help me next term and has informed me of what to expect next year during the third year. I was fortunate to work with such a talented yet friendly group of individuals who were determined to finish the project. We all had a shared vision and the end product demonstrates that we gelled well as a team. This project has also made me realise how much more I enjoy working in a group. This project has also showed me of the different processes needed in order to create an entirely 3D environment and how much work must be put in in order to achieve the desired product.

No comments:

Post a Comment