Wednesday 3 March 2010

Individual Evaluation


As an individual I believe I contributed well within the group. I took part in almost every different task so as to get the most out of the project and learn from my team members so as to improve on my own skills and develop entirely new ones. The one thing I think I did particularly well within the group was keeping everyone in the loop within the team. I dedicated a lot of my time in maintaining communication between each team member and making sure to boost team morale when needed and make sure a member knew when they had done a good job. I believe my time management was excellent and my organisation skills superb as I never became behind schedule. I was always clear on what I had to do and what I needed to do in order to get it done. I made sure that I finished work on time so that it would not hold up the rest of the group. I also had a clear vision of the look and feel of our environment which Andy had imagined. Thus we all had a shared vision of the environment and so continuity was spot on. I suggested solutions to problems, and suggested ways of making something better. I was above all a useful team member who was prepared to try something new and help out other individuals within the group. I was open to suggestions and new ideas.
As an individual I learnt a lot from this project both in terms of time management and communication to the more technical side in terms of techniques and skills.

The one thing that I should critisise myself for was the fact that I spent too long focusing on the conceptual stage. In the future I must remember to realsise that there is more than just conceptual design. Despite the rather long pre-production stage however, we still managed to finish our project, yet it is something to bare in mind. Having said this I came up with various designs and worked well as a conceptual artist and I believe I contributed to the designs of various elements within the environment. I gathered substantial amounts of research for the team and explored various environment designs. My storyboards however were probably the most important pieces of work within the group as these strongly influenced the final look of the film itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment